Workers' Compensation Specialist

Occupational Health Services Medical Group

Jatin Bhatt, MD, MBA

Urgent Care & Occupational Medicine Center located in Lynwood, CA

If you become unwell or incur an injury that’s caused by your job, you could be entitled to workers’ compensation. Jatin Bhatt, MD, MBA, of Occupational Health Services Medical Group in Lynwood, California, has considerable expertise in representing people with work-related medical conditions to help them recover their health. Call the office today if you think you may have a worker’s compensation claim, or book an appointment online.

Workers' Compensation Q&A

What is workers’ compensation?

Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance that provides you with an income, medical care, or both if you sustain an injury at work or become sick because of your job.

The funds for workers’ compensation come from employers themselves, who pay for insurance coverage. The Workers' Compensation Board (DWC) in each state regulates claims and oversees payments, and provides guidelines when there is any disagreement between the insurer, employer, and worker.

Workers’ compensation isn’t about attributing blame to either employer or employee, and the payments don’t alter in relation to any perceived fault. The only exception is if a worker incurs injury because they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or they tried to harm themselves or another person.

What role does a doctor play in a workers’ compensation claim?

When you sustain an injury at your workplace or during the course of carrying out your job, you need to inform your employer and arrange to see a doctor who's a member of the  DWC Medical Provider Network (MPN), unless the injury requires urgent attention and you need to go to the emergency room.

Having been practicing occupational medicine for more than 23 years, Dr. Bhatt is a participating member of the majority of MPNs in California. The team at Occupational Health Services Medical Group has considerable experience in helping people who suffer injuries or illness because of their jobs. 

They know exactly how to proceed with any workers’ compensation claim and can evaluate your condition and report their findings. The team can also work with the insurance provider to arrange any further diagnostic testing they need to carry out.

What should I do if I’m receiving workers’ compensation?

You receive workers’ compensation once the employer and their insurance company agree the problem is work-related, or when directed by a workers’ compensation law judge if there’s any dispute.

You have a responsibility to follow your provider's advice and do everything you can to recover your health, and if possible, get back to work as early as possible.

Working with the Occupational Health Services Medical Group team through each stage of your claims process and regaining your health provides you with a continuity of care and support through a difficult time.

If you need help with a workers’ compensation claim, call Occupational Health Services Medical Group today, or book an appointment online.